Monday, January 11, 2010

Mundane Minutiae, Vol. I: What genius came up with the great idea to drink all night?

Oh, wait. That would be me.

It would be slightly more okay if I drank and drank because of the heartbreaking loss the Packers suffered last night, but I actually turned the game off before it became exciting. (I did follow along via text messages and intermittent check-ins to ESPN.com) At that point -- 31-10 in the 3rd Quarter -- I had had probably 5 beers. Most people having to work the next morning might have called it a night at that point. Not me.

I guess I thought I felt pretty good, so why not feel even better? I proceeded to have 7 more beers and a nightcap of vodka and 7Up. You know, because I was thirsty.

I went to bed at 12:30, woke up at 6:50 to go to work. It was not kind to me, but I made it through. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment