Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Preach on, Brother Dudek!

It's kind of funny. (Probably only to me...) I don't watch a whole lot of television, nor do I listen to the radio very often but I started reading the "media" column in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel in college and haven't stopped since.

I'll be honest; I really only started reading because a professor I had in an electronic media class told me I'd be a perfect media columnist with my blend of sarcasm, wit, and keen observation. So I started with Tim Cuprisin's "Inside TV & Radio" column and soon saw exactly what she meant. Unfortunately, the JS didn't want to pay him anymore, so he took a severance package and fled to OnMilwaukee.com, where he writes pretty much the same thing.

The paper didn't completely abandon media coverage, however, and put their movie critic (and former media reporter) Duane Dudek in Cuprisin's place. I am now a fan of Dudek as well.

He wrote today about the supposed new hotness of 3-D television: "Call me Mr. Analog, but I don't want to watch TV with anything on my head other than one of those hard hats with beer cans on either side."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment