Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Chase

I wrote a short story tonight for the first time in years.

Actually, it's more of a writing exercise than a story; I just wanted to see if I could still do it. It's shorter than most, but it'll do.

A few things:

You will probably be able to guess who the two people are in the story. It is a true story (to the best of my recollection) up until the end of the concert passage. Everything after that is a figment of my imagination.

This was written in one shot. There was no editing on my part.

I felt no immense sense of pride upon finishing. (In other words, I know it's not very good.) In fact, I think it reads like the person who wrote it doesn't really write... but then again I've thought that about pretty much everything I've ever written, so whatever.

The title doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But you'll figure that out after you read it.

That said, knock yourselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment